sale of timeshare from panellis

Any suggestions for the forum.
panellis

sale of timeshare from panellis

Post by panellis » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:01 pm

I have been a Macdonalds timeshare owner for about 25 years. After exchanging sites over the years I now have 2 weeks at Leila Playa. A few years ago I asked Macdonalds to sell the weeks, of course there has been no success. I have given Macdonalds 1 year notice of stopping payment of fees. In the letter I said that from September 2011 monthly payments would cease even if they have not been able to sell my weeks. I have read the correspondence to do with this situation of stopping fee payment and am puzzled that there are no recent reports from timeshare owners going down this route. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has emerged from this nightmare.

eccles
Site Admin

Re: sale of timeshare from panellis

Post by eccles » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:20 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Like you, I find it strange that there has only been one recent post regarding this apart from yourself.

I can only assume that either most of the owners who have a Macdonald timeshare are quite happy to continue paying the maintenance fees ( which I think is unlikely), have managed to resell (also unlikely), or don't really know what to do about their situation (most likely).

Although the forum does have quite a few registered members, as you can see they are not active. We do also get a lot of visitors to the forum, obviously like yourself looking for an answer to the problem, but they don't seem to be prepared to register and give some input, which is a shame.

If you know of any other owners who might be interested, please tell them about the forum and maybe we can generate more discussion and help each other out.

Please, keep us up to date with how you get on.

eccles

Rainedear

Re: sale of timeshare from panellis

Post by Rainedear » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi - just wondering how things are going with selling your timeshare ? I am in a similar situation and am scanning the Internet for someone that has manged to beat Mcdonald's sales team at their own game - they have told me that the chances of selling my weeks are highly unlikely. Adding that if I was to come to Spain and offer to give them to someone, then they would remove my timeshare from their sales - so I pretty much snookered !!!!