unpaid maintenance fees

Are you in arrears with your maintenance fees? If so, what have you done and what have MacDonald done?
indiancreekfortmyers

unpaid maintenance fees

Post by indiancreekfortmyers » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Is there anyone refusing to pay their fees this year? I'm not paying mine! Would be interested to hear from you.

Indiancreekfortmyers

panellis

Re: unpaid maintenance fees

Post by panellis » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:07 am

I have given Macdonald's until September 2011 either to sell or transfer my 2 weeks ownership after which time I stop all payments. The 2 weeks have been for sale with Macdonald's for several years. The letter informing them of my decision was not acknowledged even after being sent recorded delivery. If and when I have any response or action I will let you know. My determination to end all dealings with Macdonald's eventually is 100%. Regards panellis

eccles
Site Admin

Post by eccles » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks for posting this. I'm not surprised you had no response.

Will certainly be interested to see what the result is.

eccles

indiancreekfortmyers

Post by indiancreekfortmyers » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Good to know someone else feels the same! Our weeks have been up for sale for 4 years, of course, we know MacD's never will market them. Why should they, when they can keep on collecting the fees every year whether we use the weeks or not. Quite prepared to go to Court over this.

Indiancreekfortmyers

alunlewis

Post by alunlewis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:17 pm

As with your experience we have had our week in Plas Talgarth up "for sale" for four years with no success. We got a friend to enquire over the phone if there was a spare week and the team tried to sell an unused week not our week - depite the fact that of course our flat fitted the "specifications" exactly. We are unable now to pay fees due to changed financial state and have had the first debt collectors letter. We shall see. Apparently though following a survey about relinquishing weeks in Feb this year the issue was discussed and some progress was made at this year's AGM. Unfortunately we did not receive notice of the meeting and could not attend. But there is news about it on the owners page on the official MRL site. We of course cannot access it as we do not have the current password.
Alun

tapsyben

Post by tapsyben » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:42 pm

I bought two weeks from Barratts in Sept.1994 at Villacana.It was sold as a good investment at the time.Macdonalds bought out Barratts and the first we heard it had happened was when we received the bill for management fees .Needless to say the weeks have for sale with Macdonalds for 7 years with no luck . Now the management fees are in arrears and I have had a letter from Network credit .Has anybody tried to negotiatewith them? Is anyone out there in the same or similar boat as myself?